Bennett Awards worked cooperatively with Jazo PR, a boutique entertainment public relations firm, to create custom crystal recognition awards for the inaugural Golden Maple Awards. The Golden Maple Awards, presented by the Academy of Canadians in Sports & Entertainment – Los Angeles (ACISE-LA), are designed to recognize Canadian entertainment and sports talent working in the United States. Winners are determined by a vote of the membership of ACISE-LA.
Winners of the 2015 Golden Maple Awards included:
- 2015 Maple of Excellence for Best Actor: Jay McLaren (Graceland)
- 2015 Maple of Excellence for Best Actress: Amanda Crew (Silicon Valley)
- 2015 Maple of Excellence for Outstanding Athlete/Actor Crossover Award: Rick Fox, former NBA basketball player and actor
- 2015 Maple of Excellence for Newcomer of the Year in a TV Series: Emily Hampshire (12 Monkeys & Schitt’s Creek) and Meaghan Rath (New Girl)
- 2015 Maple of Excellence for Outstanding Athlete: Lucas Parker, Canadian CrossFit Champion
These custom recognition awards were presented to recipients at the Golden Maple Awards Ceremony, held July 1, 2015, at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles.
For these recognition awards, Bennett Awards created unique, custom crystal awards. The crystal awards featured digital printing of the Golden Maple Leaf logo on the back surface of each award, and deep surface etching with a black color-fill on the front of each award. The etching included the award name, year of presentation, and presenting organization.
More information on ACISE-LA and the Golden Maple Awards can be found at http://acise.la/.