For the 3rd consecutive year, SIGGRAPH, the annual interdisciplinary education experience and conference on the latest computer graphics and interactive techniques, presented custom recognition awards created by Bennett Awards to recipients at its 42nd annual Computer Animation Festival. The award categories included: Best in Show, Jury’s Choice, Best Student Project, Best Computer Animated Short, Best Animated Feature Film, Best Visual Effects for Live-Action Feature Film, Best Visualization or Simulation, Best Music Video, Best Game, and Best Advertisement. Winners were selected by an expert jury of professionals from a pool of almost 500 submissions.
In 2013, SIGGRAPH commissioned Bennett Awards to create a new, unique custom award design for these awards. This award design was based on a 3D sculpture representation of the SIGGRAPH logo. These awards are cast in pewter, and feature a brushed pewter finish. Each awards stands approximately 7” tall, and is mounted on a black marble base with the SIGGRAPH logo and logotype, the award name, and the recipient name.
The 2015 winners of these unique recognition awards were:
- Best in Show: Citius, Altius, Fortius (Germany)
- Jury’s Choice: Amir & Amira (France)
- Best Student Project: L3.0 (France)
- Best Computer Animated Short: Jinxy Jenkins and Lucky Lou (USA)
- Best Animated Feature Film: HOME (USA)
- Best Visual Effects for Live-Action Feature Film: Paddington (United Kingdom)
- Best Visualization of Simulation: Multi-scale, Multi-physics Heart Simulator, UT-Heart (Japan)
- Best Music Video: League of Legends Music: Curse of the Sad Mummy (South Africa)
- Best Game: Assassin’s Creed Unity E3 (Hungary)
- Best Advertisement: Ikea, T-Shirts (United Kingdom)
The annual SIGGRAPH conference is a five-day interdisciplinary educational experience in the latest computer graphics and interactive techniques, including a three-day commercial exhibition that attracts hundreds of exhibitors from around the world. The conference also hosts the international SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival, showcasing works from the world's most innovative and accomplished digital film and video creators. Juried and curated content includes outstanding achievements in time-based art, scientific visualization, visual effects, real-time graphics, and narrative shorts. SIGGRAPH 2015 will take place from 9-13 August 2015 in Los Angeles, California. Visit the SIGGRAPH 2015 website or follow SIGGRAPH on Facebook and Twitter for more detailed information.