Bennett Awards created a new custom award design for the inaugural Golden Tier Awards. The Golden Tier Awards, presented by American Cake Decorating Magazine and Lisa Mansour of NY Cake, recognize achievements of notable dessert professionals from around the world. These recognition awards are the first American-hosted, international awards show of its kind. The awards event brings together pastry chefs, cake and sugar-artists, dessert professionals, authors and writers, chocolatiers, instructors, and retailers to celebrate the very best of best in the dessert world.
The awards event was held June 10, 2017 at iPic Theater in New York City. The award winners included:
- Cake Artist of the Year – Benny Rivera
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Johnny Iuzzini
- Master Chocolatier Award – Gerhard Petzl
- Rising Star Award – Laura Saporiti
- American Cake Decorating People’s Choice – Isabel Tamargo
- Wedding Cake of the Year – The Mischief Maker Alex Narramore
- Bakery of the Year, Ruze Cake House in Scottsdale Arizona
- Albert Kumin Educator of the Year Award – Nicholas Lodge
- Collaboration Award – Azzurra Cuomo
- Product of the Year – Laped Italia Daisy Paste
- Literary Award – Ceri Griffiths
- Best Dessert Blog of the Year – Suzanne Brady
- The Lisa Mansour Lifetime Achievement Award, Eddie Spence M.B.ESpence Award for Excellence in Royal Icing, Manuela Taddeo
For these awards, Bennett Awards created a new custom award design based on the Golden Tier Awards logo: a tiered cake on a tall cake stand. The awards were fabricated from aluminum, and then anodized in gold. The awards were mounted on black bases with gold-fill engraved plates with the category and winner’s names.